New, online, peer-reviewed journal seeks submissions on any aspect of family life, especially how Americans balance work and family life. The Journal of Family Life, created by the Emory Center for Myth and Ritual in American Life (MARIAL), is multimedia and interdisciplinary. It is supported by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
- Submission guidelines at www.journaloffamilylife.org
- We accept research papers, photo essays, essays, poetry, music, video and short films.
- Submissions on how families balance the duties of work and home are especially welcomed. This includes research, personal essays, photo essays that depict the juggle and short films.
- We seek submissions from all disciplines including psychology, sociology, family studies, religious studies, theology, anthropology, literature, cultural studies, history, women's studies, political science, philosophy, media studies, the arts, journalism, or the sciences.
- Journal of Family Life is open access, and free of charge.
- Topics covered to date include Alzheimer's, adolescence, marriage, memory, narratives, death, work, resilience, identity, home and mother.
- The journal is aimed at scholars, practitioners, students, journalists, and the general public. Send questions to email@example.com or call 404-727-3152